ASSOCIATION INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
Comprised of two organizations, the Michigan Corn Growers Association and the Corn Marketing Program of Michigan, the Michigan Corn Office is located in Lansing and works to further the needs of Michigan's corn industry. Our mission is to enhance the viability of the Michigan corn industry from grower to consumer.
Objective: To assist in promoting the objectives of the Michigan Corn office while gaining skills related to marketing, event planning, communications and business administration within the agricultural industry.
Summary: Act as a general assistant to the staff, performing routine and non-routine functions, which add to the organization’s mission through meaningful participation.
Hours & Compensation: 30 to 40 hours weekly between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday with occasional weekend and after-hours work. This is a paid internship at an hourly rate of $12.00 with the duration of May 2020 through August 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Event Planning
- Assist with all planning and preparation aspects of the association’s events and meetings.
- Assist with the sponsorship program.
- Participate in the development of social media content including blogs, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Assist with creating and designing the organization’s publications.
- Assist with creating and editing external communication pieces including news releases, newsletters, calls to action and general correspondence.
- Business Development
- Attend staff meetings.
- Attend external meetings and events with staff when appropriate.
- Assist with the development of presentations for staff.
- Assist with general office duties including filing, answering phones, mail merges and correspondence.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and active in social media. Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is highly desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational abilities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., operate a computer and sit or stand for long periods of time.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample (if available). Please include your availability (including any dates you are unavailable) and potential start date in your cover letter. Email all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship” as the subject. For more information contact: Penni at 517-668-2676. Applications will be accepted until March 13, 2020.